No, not like that.
I've done some dumb things in relationships but never that stupid.
But there is another woman of sorts. Just before H and I stopped living together, we were on holiday abroad. One night we met a group of girls over dinner and spent the rest of the night with them, drinking, dancing and having a great time.
One of them (let's call her C) caught my eye. She was mesmerically beautiful and wonderful company. All night we chatted and flirted whilst H chatted to other people. It's quite normal for us at parties or on nights out not to spend much time in each other's company so it wasn't unusual. But for the first time since I'd met H I found myself thinking "if only...." and "I wonder...".
Nothing happened between us. I'm not a complete bastard and I love H far too much to do anything like that. But the chemistry was undeniable and C is visiting Britain later in the year and is keen to meet up again. As am I. Is the grass truly greener? Or did too much beer, holiday spirit and a downturn in my own relationship cause me to find excitement in one meaningless night?
C emails me occasionally and my heart skips a beat each time my inbox pings. It stopped doing that with H a long time ago. But that's normal right? After five years the excitement does wain. But other things compensate. The closeness of the relationship, the almost psychic ability to know how your partner is feeling etc. H and I had those things and it was amazing. Any new relationship wouldn't and that's a big deal. A really big deal.
I'll see what JS (my relationship mentor & confident so far) thinks when we go for curry later this week. If the mere thought of king prawn dhansak gets me excited what chance do I stand!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment