Can one have a quarter-life crisis? Does such a thing exist? Is it recognised by the scientific community? If it does not, is not, may I recommend urgent consideration for its inclusion in the psychiatric lexicon.
And may I present myself, and this blog, as a case-study.
A traditional mid-life crisis may bring about many changes in its subject. An affair, a sports-car puchase, the sudden desire to wear clothes designed for people twenty years younger than you. This blog will detail my strikes and gutters, to use a bowling analogy, as I try and get my life back on track after two life-altering events that are currently occuring.
Firstly, after nearly five happy years, my relationship appears to be coming to an end. We no longer live together and are in the last throse of the seemingly inevitable confirmation of 'the end'.
Secondly, after three miserable years, I am leaving my job at the end of August. I don't yet have another. I being paid-off. A 'compromise agreement'. They want rid of me, but don't have grounds to fire me, and I want to go. Ergo, I get three months salary and am punted out into the world of unemployment and daytime television.
What awaits, I have no idea. Only time will tell. Until then, I'm down and out in Dulwich.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment