So, the job. How does he manage to f*$k that up as well, you ask yourselves?
Well, some might say I'm lazy.
I like to think I've never been sufficiently stimulated to fulfil my potential. Did your school reports ever say "must try harder" or "gifted but lazy"? Mine did, and I seemed to have developed the knack of carrying that over into the world of work.
For three years I've worked as a researcher for a political consultancy and I've wanted to leave for two of those. Only I never really got round to it. I've never been really happy there and the work was dull and monotonous. Those aren't helpful to someone who naturally rests on their laurels.
After a couple of warnings they approached me with some misdemeanours. I denied them or claimed mitigating circumstances. The solution to avoid further anguish on both sides is a "compromise agreement". Basically, they give me some cash and I bugger off without going to a tribunal. Everyone's a winner.
Now I've got three months to decide what the hell I want to do with my life. I'm degree educated, have great experience and when motivated, produce great work (even if I do say so myself) - but I've no idea what I want to do. Is this normal at 25? Anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment